The not-for-profit Dare to Dream Youth Foundation began an outreach effort last week called Life Cycle Choices, to help show St. Croix kids ages 10-15 where various life choices can lead them.
The tour included the following locations:
- Golden Grove Adult Correctional Facility
- Herbert Grigg Home for the Aged
- Juan F. Luis Hospital
- Kingshill Cemetery
- The University of the Virgin Islands
- Virgin Islands Fire Service station
- Virgin Islands Legislative Building (Frederiksted)
Founder: Cruselda Roberts hopes that each stop on the Life Cycle Choices tour impacts students by creating lasting impressions. She emphasized to participants that everyone is susceptible to downfall despite our age, which is why healthy lifestyle choices are important. Roberts hopes to repeat the Life Cycle Choices tours with other groups of students in the near future.
Purpose: To encourage, empower and motivate and youth, enabling them to unlock their potential fully and be prepared for success.
Inspiration: Founder Cruselda Roberts cites a counseling session with a 14 year-old boy years ago as the inspiration to start the Life Cycle Choices program. In speaking with him about becoming anything he wanted and all the opportunities available to him, the teen became emotional saying he’d never considered his life that way.
- The Virgin Islands Consortium
- Chief Sponsor: Albert Bryan (Junior Achievement Virgin Islands executive director and former Department of Labor commissioner) provided the transportation, meals, t-shirts and bags.
We are proud to live on St. Croix, a small community where positive ideas receive strong local support. If you’re ready to upgrade your island home, Farchette & Hanley Real Estate can provide decades of local experience and expertise. As the top broker on St. Croix year after year, Chris Hanley is the authority on Virgin Islands real estate. Contact him today and download his complimentary St. Croix Event and Attractions Guide