On Friday, two St. Croix organizations and one company came together to award more than $17,000 in college scholarships to four local students.
- Emmaleah Turner
- Turner will attend the University of the Virgin Islands.
- Llewelyn Taylor
- Taylor will study at the University of the Virgin Islands.
- Paul Arnold III
- Arnold will attend Virginia State University.
- Sarah Sookraj
- Sookraj will study at the University of the Virgin Islands.
- DIAGEO USVI
- DIAGEO is best known for making Captain Morgan Rum, the second leading rum worldwide. The DIAGEO rum distillery on St. Croix opened in June 2008. All Captain Morgan spirits for the U.S. mainland are now sourced from the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- St. Croix Chamber of Commerce
- The St. Croix Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization founded in 1924 which exists to represent interests of commercial, industrial and agricultural businesses on the island. In addition to representing its members, the chamber seeks to encourage responsible business growth and continuous education.
- St. Croix Hotel & Tourism Association
- The St. Croix Hotel & Tourism Association seeks to strengthen tourism on our island by creating memorable experiences for the benefit of visitors, members and the community. It is a branch of the U.S. Virgin Islands Hotel & Tourism Association. The association seeks to unite the voices of the tourism and hospitality industries.
St. Croix is densely populated with non-profit organizations that seek to make a positive impact on the island community. If you’re ready to live in a tropical paradise that feels like a small town, this may be the island for you. Start by downloading our St. Croix Event Guide to find the perfect time for an extended visit. When you’re ready to buy a home or condo on-island, contact the authority on Virgin Islands real estate, Chris Hanley. He is the top broker on-island year after year with license to sell on St. Thomas as well.