The 2014 Annual Bartender Olympics were held at Deep End Bar & Grill at Tamarind Reef Resort, Spa and Marina on Sunday. The event was a benefit for the St. Croix Animal Welfare Center, raising approximately $6,000. Entertainment was provided by island favorite, Musician Kurt Schindler. The overall winner of the competition was 40 Strand Street Eatery, a new restaurant in Christiansted.
Participating Bars and Restaurants / Signature Cocktails
– 40 Strand Street Eatery / Honey Badger
– Aquarius (new bar opening soon) / Love Potion K-9
– Club Comanche Wine and Rum Bar / Red Rooster
– No Bones / Funky Monkey
– Sandy Toes Beach Shack (Gentle Winds condos) / Coconut Retriever
– Best Original Animal Named Drink
– Greyhound Martini Race (running with drinks without spilling)
– One Trick Pony (flair bartending and tricks for judges)
– Siamese Crucian Cat Fusion Race (three-legged race carrying drinks)
– Cruzan Rum
– Deep End Bar & Grill
– Mitchell Larsen Studio
– Tamarind Reef Resort, Spa and Marina
– More than 30 island businesses donated prizes for raffle and silent auction
The St. Croix Animal Welfare Center (AWC) provides and encourages the humane treatment of animals through education, protection and service to the community. This not-for-profit organization takes care of the abused, neglected and unwanted animals of the island. Funds raised from bartender’s tips at this event will go toward meals, health care and foster / forever home placement for shelter animals.
Extensions of the St. Croix Animal Welfare Center include the flea market at Basson Triangle and The Blue Mutt on Company Street in Christiansted. The organization is always seeking volunteers and donations. Volunteer opportunities include Pets from Paradise, which partners with stateside shelters to transfer animals on commuter flights.
Ready to live where beach parties have a purpose? The people of St. Croix are compassionate, giving supporters of many island charities.
Remember to subscribe to our feed for up-to-date info on what to do and where to go when you visit St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands.